{From the Archive} Leslie & Jeff's Engagement Session


Every photographer gets their start by photographing the ones they love. Friends, family, co-workers; anyone in need of photos will come to the person they know who is just starting out, building their portfolio, developing their unique artistic voice. Though I have been a full-time photographer for the better part of the last two years, in many ways I am still in that phase. There are so many things I have yet to do: a winter wedding; a family portrait with pets; a courthouse union. I am still finding what works best for me, what I enjoy most about photography, and what area of portraiture I want to focus my talents. It is because of those willing to give me the opportunity to learn while being responsible for documenting their important moments that I am able to do what I do today. I am grateful for those first few clients that actually paid me for my work, and their resulting images will always standout in my memory. During these "off season" months, I'll be posting more work from those early years, including some shot on film. My style and equipment may have changed over time, but I am still very proud of my past work.

Leslie and Jeff were one of those first friends and clients that gave me a chance, and I could not have been luckier to have them. It's obvious that this couple is pretty easy on the eyes! They were comfortable in front of the camera and were trusting of my requests. Though it was a hot summer day while we shot their engagement session, Jeff still happily picked up his fiance and spun her while I captured the moment. They walked laps around the Cox Arboretum in Dayton, Ohio while we found the perfect spots to shoot. Their patience paid off as the results were truly something magical. Enjoy their images and in a few weeks you'll be able to see their wedding on the site as well.




 
 














Comments